pretty

8/2/13

Things I can't forget

As I'm sure you have noticed, I haven't been that great at keeping up our blog since we've had our....fourth child I believe.  However, I want it kept up so after the whirlwind of having little kids is over I will still have an account of their precious little years. 

To make sure these little things aren't just lost, I keep a note on my phone entitled 'blog' that I update when I see something happen that I want blogged. :) Here are a few things that have happened that I do not want to forget.

Back in the day when Jack spoke Jackanese we took him to the first Chipmuck movie.  In the movie, Dave is notorious for yelling, "ALVIN!!!"   Jack really picked up on it and at the end of the movie, in the movie theatre Jack yelled, "ALGABIN!!!!!"   He kept yelling that at home too any time he wanted to make people laugh.  Unfortunately, he will only yell Alvin now and he doesn't believe that he would ever say algabin. 

We have been watching a lot of Dora lately.  Eve and Ella enjoy it a lot and the boys tolerate it.  (I think they secretly like it.)  One day I overheard a conversation between Jack and Eve.  Eve was sitting on the couch looking at a magazine, which she loves to do, and Jack said, "I hate Dora."  To which Eve casually replied, "Why would you hate Dora?  She's great.  She saves the day."  :)


This summer we have been working through some workbooks to keep the kid's minds going.  One of the homework assignments had Heber put compound words together from a list of words.  One of the clues was 'spiky fruit'.  He couldn't figure it out and he handed it to me to see if I could help.  In the word bank, the only words that seemed to fit at all with spiky and fruit were apple and pine.  So I said, "Just write apple pine.  I've never heard of it, but that's the only thing that makes sense."  Heber agreed and wrote applepine on his worksheet.  A few minutes later I was thinking about all of the exotic fruits I just don't know much about and I thought, "Hmmmm, maybe it isn't even apple pine, maybe it is the other way around like pine apple."  hahahah.  And then I realized that pineapple was actually quite familiar!  Heber and I still get a good laugh at how we didn't even think of that as an option.


This summer we will often put the girls to bed and then let the boys go outside and play night games or just run around and enjoy the night temperatures.  One night Jack wanted to stay in and do a craft with me and Heber left to the park by himself.  Soon after Heber left, Jack finished his craft and wanted to leave.  He's not allowed to walk himself to the park and he had to stay home.  He was pretty bummed that he didn't leave earlier with Heber. 
When Heber got home Jack was on the couch looking at a magazine (again with a magazine!)  Jack peered over the top of the magazine and casually said, "Nice to see you again Heber."  hahahah.  Heber and I were busting up.  Jack still didn't think it was very funny.  I love the phrases he picks up and puts in perfect situations. 

No comments: