pretty

3/27/13

December 2012

 Jack. I can't get enough of this boy.  He's awesome.
 We made some shirts for Martha and Jared with the kids' hand prints on them.  We decided it would be funny to put a face print on the back of Jared's shirt.  haha!
 My mom made Christmas pillowcases for all of the grand kids with their names sewn on them.  They love them.
 Another year putting up the tree.  They always argue who gets to put on the star.
 Fun photo ops at Scheels. 
 Yep Jack.  It still fits.
 Heber, Lexi, and Madeline went crazy with the gingerbread challenge.  It was a whole pile of graham crackers when they were done with it.
This is Heber at one of his Christmas programs.  He did an awesome job.
 We had a cousin day at our house and made these yummy reindeer cookies. 
 This is when Eve cut her hair.  One night I went to check on them before I went to sleep.  I saw some scissors by their door and thought to myself how glad I was that no one had cut their own hair yet.  The next morning Eve came out and I thought her hair looked a little funny, but I just thought she had put it in an elastic or something.  I was sitting at the table eating breakfast and she was talking to me.  Then she turned around and ran into the living room.  That's when I saw it.  I yelled, "NOOOOOOO!"  The kids freaked out that I'd be so upset about something.  haha.  But yes, she cut it.  She thought she'd be able to glue it back on.  She could have done a lot worse, but it was pretty sad. 
 The picture below is after Laura cut it and fixed it.  It looked pretty cute.   I think Eve was pretty uncomfortable with all of the attention of her actions.  She was pretty sad that her hair wasn't long like a princess.  I told her it was short like Tinkerbell.  The next day she was like, "Mom!  Tinkerbell has long hair!  It is just up in a ponytail!"  So sad.  But at least the new Tinkerbell movie had come out and Periwinkle did infact have short hair.
 Ella in her angel costume with her tutu underneath it.  haha.  Love her bubble bum.
Jack's kindergarten Christmas program was possibly one of the best Christmas presents ever.  He stood on the very end and we were a few rows from the front.  He was awesome!   He is so stinking cute.

 Cute kids acting out the nativity scene wearing the cool costumes my mom made this year.  It seems like we always have a baby in our family to be baby Jesus. 

 I love Heber's super cool shepherd costume.
 The Goodwin Christmas party.  The last two years we've had a morning party where everyone brings breakfast food.  It is soo yummy and so fun to see our huge family.  They are so fun.  The kids love it!
 We got to talk to Martha and Jared on Christmas Eve.  I love skype and it is so fun to talk with them.
 Look how excited Heber is!  We got a dog at the beginning of November.  We'd been looking in to getting a dog since last March.  We were planning on getting a puppy in the Spring, but we found a female, fawn mastiff in American Fork and thought we just couldn't pass it up. They loved it for the first day or so.....and so did I.  She grew SO fast.   Yes, a mastiff will do that.  We trained her and had an indoor dog for three months.  I'm pretty proud of myself that I accomplished that.  But babies and puppies is just not a good idea.  I had no extra time whatsoever.  She was a sweet dog though.  We named her Aslan because she would be as big as a lion.  We sold her to another mastiff owner with a full grown mastiff named Simba.

 Alison and her cousin Corbin.  She loved playing with him.

No comments: